View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default One other point or two? I'd forgotten, but you should know about...

When I'd first started tests rite after onset? Nerve conduction studies and basic anti-body counts were either normal or only slightly off. With my lumbar? By then? The NCS's and the blood work were noticeably getting worse. Essentially I'd gone from total numbness in the hands/wrists & feet to below knees to arms at the elbow and legs almost to the midriff. These are symptoms that definately led to all the initial testing then the Lumbar and a trip to a hospital hematology dept where I was 'blood-let' of about 15 vials of blood! I truly wish that I'd been internet savvy then? Because I'd sat up for about 20 minutes before taking the spinal fluid w/me to the hospital hem. dept for the bloodworks.
I was essentially 'upright' for 3+ hours after that lumbar...good thing I'd the sense to take a serious NAP once I'd gotten home!
I was very lucky in that I'd not gotten a headache [those kinds can be killers!] and only felt as if I'd been hit in the back mildly w/a 2x4"x6'.
Soo? Definitely plan on someone driving you home! And plan to eat very lightly [soups and broths?] until all other side effects go away. Then? You'll be truly and mightily hungry! Plus keep up hydration [water, or if needed gatorade or the like...not coffee or tea tho!] until you get back into a more balanced state.
Just give yourself a day or so to recover.. likely? You will be just fine after it all! Now? Waiting for results? THATS another matter...takes weeks, which feel like years at times! I'll cross my fingers that you get a good result to get the best of treatments. I'll be waiting to hear from you as well, once you get results. Just be careful what you wish for? You know what I mean...
's!!!!!!!!!!!! - j
PS Yes! Insurance can be a pain? But...Once you hit the yearly or catastrophic deductable? Things get a lot easier... Usually my hospital is just inbetween the billing and payouts and I have to pay more for a hospital procedure? But mostly I get a refund check a couple of months later..
Just check your 'explanation of benefits' as they clear thru the insurance company... That's the guide as to WHAT you really should pay! And, YES It truly IS a PAIN!
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote