View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 10:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=kwinkler;748058]As long as its a neurologist, infectious disease doc, or radiologist, its pretty likely that they perform these fairly routinely. I performed well over a 100 of these in my first year of training.

What exact field are you in? I have had blood work done Protien, total protien level, Organic tests not sure what that is, diabetic test, thyriod, B12, folate,sed rate ect. all were normal. He did one nerve conduction study that showed sensory-motor peripheral neuropathy that he believes is systemic, that was seven months ago. Now he wants to do the LP. Because my symtoms are more constant not getting any better. He will not perform another NCS to compare the first one to and that concerns me. I am not sure if all the major stress I have been under for the past 2 years has caused this or just aggrivated a condition I already have. I have had on and off sensations in my right foot for 3 to 4 years. I also have Degenerated Disc Disease which I did have a herniation at L4/L5 and L5/S1 back in 2007 that was seen on the mri. They said it was a large broadbased measuring at least 8mm x 15mm at at L5/L4 with extrusion . My back issue started when I was about 26, but he said that is not whats causing the problem. I am really scared about all of this.

The neurologist will be performing the LP himself not a radiologist.
Thank you Kwinkler and all others for your help.
lynn01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote