View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti_Christmas View Post
When I initially applied for SSI (mid to late 2010), the only "doctor" the SS Admin sent me to was a psychiatrist. The mental exam stated that he felt the only employment I could do would require a sedentary, non-repetitive, stress free position. I was never seen by any other doctor (other then my own that are treating me).

I have since consulted with and hired an attorney. It's pretty pathetic how one has to really fight for something that they have paid into for many, many years. I was leaving my epidural yesterday, hobbling on my cane and my husband's arm - clearly in pain, and a bit out of it from the sedative. We were almost ran over by a man and woman practically running around the corner, each one "using" their canes. I almost said something, but they were moving too fast and my husband ushered me into the elevator. He knew what I was going to say - this is what makes it so hard, yet some people get "lucky" and know how to work the system. It seems that there are people out there that have been too busy working and paying into the "system", that missed the "free ride" class. Oh well, at least my conscious is clear and pain-free while the rest of me may have trouble going to sleep at night.
Perhaps these people who were using canes and walking fast were hurrying to get to their jobs. I don't know that you can concluded that these people who walk fast with a cane are using the system unless you somehow know from another source that they are receiving disability benefits. Perhaps these people have had significant improvement from when their were first injured and are getting ready to get back into the work force. You also don't know how that person may feel the next day from however they overexerted themselves. Just like no one can draw a conclusion about you on a good day.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote