View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 04:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

i had to take driver's ed before i could get my permit, because we had to take the permit written test in that class. but im not sure i took a whole lot away from it, just kind of a 'right of passage' type feeling. actually taking 'behind the wheel' which we also had to take to get a license was more beneficial. so im not sure you're talking about the classroom part or the driving-with-the-instructor part. to sum up: classroom-not that important, behind the wheel: good learning. but i also extremely enjoyed just learning with my parents (back roads) until i was ready to drive on busyer streets.

pain is better, i think the meds are lessening my intensity of attacks. like, i can still feel it whenever its triggered, but its not a full-blown attack you know? the meds are lessening out a little too, not so sleepy/high all the time.
but MOST importantly, my MVD consult is tomorrow! and i have read the MVD chapter of Striking Back, which i just got last night, and was overjoyed to find my surgeon, Dr. Stephen Haines, quoted in that chapter! I feel like I've learned all that I need to know, I've written down my questions I want answered tomorrow morning, and I will NOT be pushed around to 'think about it' some more just to postpone what I KNOW i want. I'm too young to be on pills for the rest of my life which are already driving me crazy, and most likely will become ineffective after a while. i want to be fixed! even if I only get a couple years out of it without medication and pain, ill take it. but the odds are in my favor, so im going for it! woo! i am SO EXCITED!
and don't worry, im not overlooking the scary parts, i get nervous thinking about being there in pre-op about to go in, but i know in my heart that's what i need to do. so bring it on! woo!
ill post how it all goes tomorrow....
awesomeskier5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote