Thread: Morphine?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 12:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Speaking as one raised by a single parent disabled w/ chronic pain, your son will understand.

I wish I could answer that for you. You did get some relief from the last one you took, and since they're 12 hrs apart, you won't really be going through the whole weekend like this. 12 hrs. - one pill - at a time; try to give them a chance to build up like they're supposed to, and by all means contact your Doc Monday morning if things don't get better.

Doc
Thanks Doc, for your encouragement! You were right, my son does/did understand- today's his birthday, and I was beating myself up over not being able to take him anywhere because I hurt too bad to leave my chair, but he says he's rather just hang out in his room and play his pc and xbox games with his 'adopted' brother and order pizza. (He's 14, so that's like a dream! lol) so tragedy averted there! Phew~

Unfortunately, we're on day two- took the third dose last night, and fourth this morning, and I'm miserable. Of course, I don't know quite how to explain it to the doc Monday morning, but I'm thinking that in general, the baseline med is close to ok- could be a little stronger if that's what it would take to last longer as an extended release, but most importantly, my breakthrough pain is unbelievable. I thought I had so many high and lows with the hydrocodone because of the way it would wear off and I'd have to wait for another pill to kick in, but with this, it's like there's never any 'kicking in' and the breakthrough is more noticeable. :'(

The doc had said on Thursday that he appreciated my pain journal, so I'm just tryin to keep track in it still where my pain levels are, and I'll go see him on Monday. So far, I did end up taking one more Tramadol than I was *supposed to* last night just to get some rest, I figured that's what he told me to use for BT pain, so one extra might be more ok than taking something else not on the plan, and I took four tylenol and four advil before getting to bed finally at 6am- but I've resolved myself that I am NOT going to take any of the hydrocodone, no matter what, unless he tells me to use that for the BT. It occurred to me last night that some of the pain I'm having now could be a physical withdrawal from the hydrocodone I've been on for 30 months- know anything about that?

Well, fingers crossed that the morphine will 'build up' enough as you say to do some good!

Thanks all for the support
72daywmn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote