View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 01:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just had seizure 2 days ago. questions

Hi,
I'm Sandy an older woman living in Delaware.
Tuesday night I was sitting at the computer and woke up on the floor with a bloody head. Obviously I fell off the stool and don't know anything for about 40 minutes. I did see flashing lights (aura) before ...have had migraines in the past but not recently.
I had just taken a "herbal" blood pressure reduction pill but I've taken them before.

The hospital claims I had a seizure and supposedly I had another in the hospital.
My mind is still pretty confused.
Medicine is 500 mg Keppra 2x a day and it makes me dizzy and my mouth hurts.
I have dr appt Thurs. I have no idea if dr is "any good"..this is all new
I've read some awful side effects about the medicine...not sure where to turn or what next.
I would really value any advice on not gaining weight. I worked so hard to lose the weight I lost (over eaters annoymous). I am a compulsive overeater. If I gain it will be bad for my mental and physical health
another thing I read this medicine is bad for thinning bones and I already have osteoporosis (scary)
I hate to impose on my kids to walk my big dogs. I have a wonderful talkative parrot and it will be like the end of the world if I have to give him up.
Transportation to dr is an issue here in Delaware but I'm looking into what's available.
Will I not be allowed to drive forever???

Thanks in advance
Sandy
bfsandy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote