View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 02:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New: Is this Occipital Neuralgia??

Hello All,

I am new to the forum. About 7 months ago I sustained a concussion from a soccer ball to the head. I was hit on the right temporal lobe and knocked to the ground. I was not unconscious but was confused. All of the dizziness, nausea, vertigo symptoms have gone away. At one time I had this pain that would go from the back of my head to my forehead. It was the most intense pain I have ever felt. I was unable to sleep! Eventually the "pain" went away. Now I am dealing with this "throbbing" sound that prevents me from sleeping. I have it on BOTH sides of my heads and feel it when I am on my back as well.

I have been to the neuro who said it is not migraines. He prescribed Elavil. It does not help with the throbbing but helps me get to sleep. I have had to withdraw from college because of this throbbing that keeps me from sleeping!

It's like I can hear the throbbing of my heartbeat in both ears. Has anyone experienced this? Is it occiptial neuralgia? I have been referred to a pain clinic for potential nerve blocks. I am only 20 years old and want my life back! I've tried almost all pain medications, migraine meds, physio, massage, and chiropractor to no avail. Help!

Carmell
carmell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote