View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 05:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=kwinkler;748172]I am a radiologist, so most of my clinical (i.e. not anatomic) knowledge of PN is based off of what I learned in medical school plus additional reading based on my own battle with PN. If your symptoms are just in a foot or feet, it could be because of you disk disease. Your MRI info on your disk disease is not specific enough.

The neurologist thinks my PN is being caused by a systemic problem not my spine issues.

This is what is stated on my MRI report.

At L4/L5 there is early disc degeneration. There is a large broad-based posterior central, right patacentral disc protrusion with extrusion and significant impression upon the thecal sac, measuring at least 15 x 8mm in diameter, abutting against the right nerve root of L5. There is associated hypertrophy of the posterior ligamenta flava and synovia of the respective articular facets but the width of the spinal canal is still considered normal.

At L5/S1 this is also evidence of a posterior central, right and left paracentral radial annular tear with at least an 8 x 5mm posterior focal central disc protrusion without extruson and impression upon the thecal sac, abutting againts both exiting right and left nerve roots of S1 without displacing it.

This was a high field 1.5 tesla mri. Multiplanar, multisequence images were obtained revealing normal vertebral bodies height, and narrow disc spaces at L4/L5 and L5/S1 with diminished signal intensity at those respective levels and high signal intensity on the T2WI within the respective inferior, superior vertebral end-plates indicative of degenerative discs.

Kwinkler if you can make any since of this report from 4 years ago, The regular GP was not very imformative. He just said i had herniated discs and arthritis. that was pretty much it. The thing I am trying to figure out is the hypertrophy of the synovia of the respective articular facets. All I found was imflammatory, osteo is not a imflammatory issue.

For my PN it is also in my lower legs and the left the sensations go right above my knee. My PN was diagnosed in July 2010. My hips have started to give me problems. I had a plain film xray that showed minimal bowing of the periarticular fat planes on the left hip. The radiologist said it could be related to joint fluid in his report. This xray was just done in November.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by lynn01; 02-26-2011 at 05:27 PM.
lynn01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote