View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Exclamation

I think the beginning of the article, does an excellent job of "explaining TOS" to a family member, friend, employer....the physiology of TOS.

Layman's terms I called it carpal tunnel of the neck and shoulder, to the wrist not just the wrist.

I agree with Jo, some of the exercises are far too much for many of us. I do think that there are some we may want to test try as a group and document if it hurt helped, no difference.

What exercise plan we did and the nature of our TOS neruo, vascular, C ribs.
Accident
Clots
How long we had TOS.

The theory is correct behind it.
Postural changes POST TOS are conclusive and do contribute to symptoms and pain.

I had an excellent diagram that is no longer at the hosted site TOS101.
The diagram showed when the shoulder is tilted from TOS structural reaction to the nerves, spasms, the tilt is picked up in the eye, and the hips tilt the opposite way to compensate,
THUS why so many TOSers have back issure too.

KEY is keeping what we have and not getting worse. Trying to get symptoms into a remission.

Always need ROM, safe stretching, encourage posture.

The athlete as soon as he opened his mouth about "ZINGERS" had the top PT massagers, medical care on top of it.

Many have to "go right back on the field" with out a diagx or treatment to the very "football field" job that incited the injury. OR injury or TOS from another source is escalated by the job, hobby, life style of a type A personality.

I think a follow up of this young man would be interesting too, I did not notice when the article was published and the injury occurred...just too much reading at the moment. But a long term follow up would be interesting. Does he stick to the program have reoccurred, etc.

Jo,
I did see when they did the grip test I think it was the grip did represent his athletic ability, but it was interesting that the therapist pressing on the outlet area reduced the strength grip.

Thanks for sharing
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote