View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Pete,

Thanks for your reply....

But I must work to because I need the money and benefits for my family. Fulltime. And I have RSD and will need to deal with WC approvals/denials, lawyers, and all that related BS for the rest of my life. I will never be FREE of the need for ketamine infusions or some other treatment to keep me going so that I can work. And I need it on an on going basis, every month.

There is no lawsuit for me to win that will garner any cash or benefits for my family. Ever. None of the disability policies I purchased like a responsible adult will pay me a dime because I was hurt on the job. I have no time to volunteer more than I already do (I'm on the board of 2 organizations already).

Please don't try to make me feel bad because I have shared with others that I am scared of my RSD and my pain. I can certainly appreciate where you are coming from, and I'm happy that you have found balance in your life. But some of us are not as fortunate, and have chosen to share that with our friends.

Peace Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
I choose.
To be worried, or to be happy and what? Free?

Yea.

I have no reason to worry, BIG DEAL, I got rsd, four discs, TOS, and more but I won't go on, I must say though , that all these give me reason to LOOK AHEAD! AND BE POSITIVE!

While I won't lie, I cannot do so everyday. Today, however is one I can!
Yesterday, was not, I was face down, but, still looking forward to a 'New Day' a 'New Life"~!

WE can't get down on ourselves because of pain.
We're not broken,
We're Beautifully Broken!

So MANY have it worse.

When my Dr or his nurses ask me about my worse pain, my least pain, or my everyday pain,
I can only say this.
Lowest, about 4.
Medial, about 7.
Highest, (and they tell me, on a scale from one to ten, many tell them much Higher than 10! I think, how can anyone be so uncaring? Always, someone has it MUCH WORSE than us! I give them a 9.5)
I'm , after 27 years of this, and other things, have difficulty thinking anyone with only rsd, could be SO selfish, even after seeing the suffering on TV, that they could rate themselves a 10+!

I don't know, who do they think they are, but I'd suggest, that they count their blessings!
That's what I try to do.
Even at my lowest.

Get out and help a church/synagogue/charity!!!!!

You'll feel SO much better about yourself!

Oh well, some will never get it.

Peace on all,
w/love,

Pete
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (03-03-2011), Imahotep (03-01-2011), Jenna Delaney (03-04-2011)