View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Lightbulb Another Idea for Emergency Situations...

I saw a small clip on tv a few years back featuring a policeman that suggested people program "I.C.E." (In Case of Emergency) into their cell phone's contacts list with the phone number of their emergency contact. It said that most first-responders know to look for this information in an accident victim's cell phone in order to contact their family/next of kin, etc. So what I've done is added a few "ICE" numbers into my phone, so that if nothing else, my family will be able to "clue them in" as to my condition.

Now, to take it one step further... With the huge leap in technology, there are options that are even better- Apps for cell phones such as the iPhone (which I have, and therefore know are available) or Android, etc. These apps can let you organize all of your essential medical info, such as condition(s), meds, allergies, etc. Now, I haven't looked into them enough yet to have chosen one- because like most apps, there are free ones and some you pay for, but as far as this goes, the little bit of money it may cost for the best one is more than worth it...not only for potential emergencies, but will make medical appointments and forms easier and faster to fill out/explain with all relevant info right at your fingertips.

I'm going to research them to see which apps are rated the highest, have the best features, and are the easiest to use. I'll let you all know what I discover. (As I said earlier, I have an iPhone, so obviously I'll be searching iTunes' apps, but many apps that are available for the iPhone are also available for other types of cell phones...or at least I'm sure there are plenty of similar options for other cell phone models).

Just an idea- I'll post again with my findings
SnowWhyte is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (02-27-2011)