View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Scared and looking for info

Hi, I'm new to the sight, I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with a spontanueos cerbrospinal fluid leak after 2 months of the worst pain I have ever experienced and vomitting every time I tried to stand up. I went through being treated for tension headaches and migrains and given various painkillers which really didn't do much for me. I had a ct scan with dye done which showed some abnormalities and so was sent for an MRI with dye which led to my diagnosis. My nuerologist put me on bed rest and wanted me to drink lots of fluids. She said that since she didn't know where I was leaking this was the first thing we would try and if it didn't work then they would do more tests to try to locate the sight of the leak. Luckily I have now been headache free for 3 days! I still have this ringing in my ears that won't go away but I have been able to function for the first time in 2 months. What scares me though is that after reading the posts on here it seems as though this is not something that just goes away. Is this going to keep happening to me? Or are the cases where people only have it happen once? Should I be worried about the ringing in my ears? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Jackie246 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote