View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

There are people damaged after one tablet! The book Bitter Pills goes into detail about that. It was written about Floxin. (which could cause permanent seizures after one tablet---the author's wife precipitated that book)

The tendon ruptures can occur up to a year or more after one course.

People vary in the toxicities...and it must have biological factors involved that have not been discovered yet. But this subject is all over the net. We've had several people come here who were damaged by fluoroquinolones.

Please read the links I have in that post... you'll understand better.

more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levofloxacin
Quote:
In 2004 the FDA requested new warning labels to be added to all of the Fluoroquinolones, including levofloxacin, regarding peripheral neuropathy (irreversible nerve damage),[67][68] tendon damage,[69][70] Heart Problems (prolonged QT Interval / Torsades de pointes),[30][67] Pseudomembranous colitis,[71] Rhabdomyolysis (muscle wasting),[72][73][74] Stevens-Johnson Syndrome,[75] as well as concurrent usage of NSAIDs contributing to the severity of these reactions.[67]
Make sure your doctor INTERPRETS your vitamin results properly.
This is commonly not done correctly.
Don't accept "normal"...get the numbers for both the B12 and Vit D.
Then...Don't accept the RX 50,000 IU D2 that might be given. It does not work. Use D3 OTC instead. (doctors still don't know how to treat low levels properly).

This is a long thread on Vit D:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread92116.html
It has information you will find helpful.

The general rule of thumb is 1000IU of D3 orally daily per 10ng needed raise in level. So if you test at say, 20... you would need 3000IU daily to reach the lower normal figure of 50.
My doctor wants me at 70, based on the new research so I had to raise my dose to 10,000 IU daily every other day with 5,000 on the alternate day. I tested at 43 using 5,000 IU daily.

Vit D3 is not expensive... luckily and easy to take. According to Grassrootshealth.net, the 1,000 IU rule is more dependable at the lower ranges, than when you get close to your goal. So testing every year is a good idea.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
snookie12303 (02-27-2011)