View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 04:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thought I'd update on the lymph node swelling situation! I was quick to "accuse" the fish oils when the problem started as they were the only thing that had been added to my diet/supplement list right before the cervical lymphadenopathy appeared. I stopped the EPA capsules, took the zithromax my doc prescribed and the swelling got worse and spread to the left side of the neck, both armpits and over and under both clavicles. I went through a check-up for infections once more and came up empty and was even sent to a lady for Manual lymphatic drainage at one point just in case the swelling was idiopathic lymphedema. When she saw me she sent me right back to my doctor saying she wouldn't touch me until everything else had been ruled out as she didn't think I had idiopathic lymphedema at all.

Oddly enough other things started going a little wrong during this whole episode. I had really high fever, joint pain, my ESR sky-rocketed while C3 levels crashed and I started getting really bad and worsening reactions to SCIG. To cut a very long story short suffice it to say I was diagnosed with serum sickness from the immunoglobulins I'm on (after we reported my symptoms to Baxter, checked the batch was ok and no other people had had problems from it etc etc).

It's been a trying month as we've attempted to get to the bottom of what's going on and more recently how to fix it, but if nothing else it's absolutely brilliant to know what's going on!

I still have a biopsy scheduled for mid-April just to be on the safe side (if this hasn't subsided till then) re any possibility of lymphoma or obscure infections playing hide and seek, but that's just a "better safe than sorry" thing more than anything else!

So...the EPA capsules were innocent in this! IVIG and dysfuctional immune systems are the culprits!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Ziggy
Ziggy7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jaspar (02-27-2011), mrsD (02-27-2011)