View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 07:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tuck,

Welcome to the forum! The human brain is the most active when a person is asleep. My neurosurgeon told me when a person has a dream it's something that they are thinking about but they don't even realize it. It can be something related to what happened during the day, something a person saw on tv, or even something that a person read about.
What you are describing sounds like either a simple partial (aura) seizure or a complex partial seizure. When I have an aura seizure I start to see different colors of the rainbow flash back and forth in my eyes and this leads into a complex partial seizure where I will blank out, stop speaking at times, smack my lips, and wander around the house. After the seizure is over I'm confused and a little sleepy but I've found that staying awake helps me.
You should see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) at an Epilepsy Center which are usually at University Hospitals. The Dr. will then order an e.e.g. to be done along with a CT scan, MRI and possibly other tests. This will show if you are having epileptic seizures. I would start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day to help calm your nerves it has worked great reducing my seizures and it won't hurt you if you aren't having any seizures. Cut back on nutra sweet ex. diet soda it has been proven that this causes more electrical activity in the brain which will trigger seizures for a person. Also sometimes a person can be cell phone sensitive which mean if you or another person around you is using a cell phone it can trigger seizures, this is what happens to me often and I can't stand it. I'm into ham radio so I know my radio will not trigger seizures for me it's other people around me using their cell phones that are causing problems for me. Also lack of sleep and stress are the 2 main causes of seizures not to mention hormones changing each month. Keep a journal and write down what time of day/night along with a discripiton of what happened and show this to the Dr. they may see a pattern in the time or date when this is happening. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote