View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

In my case, I had neurological (sensory) symptoms while in relapse that piled up.

I thought for years it was migraines. I took over the counter stuff, nothing worked.

I had pain in the left side of my face for a good 2 years (probably more), then my pinky and ring fingers started going numb at work.

It wasn't until I was under a lot of stress (work, house, relationship) that I got really bad. Woke up in what I called 'convulsions' (they were more like tremors I now know) and that's when I started to seek answers.

I had very severe vertigo x2, the feeling of a leg 'missing' (it still worked mind you), L'Hermittes Sign and Girdle-Banding (both were my 'hallmark' symptoms of MS - anything else I've experienced, down to the most painful, Trigeminal Nerualgia and Burning Mouth Syndrome, are conditions that can exist outside of MS, but TN is more common in folks with MS than the general population without MS).

I know I'm missing a bunch of what exactly happened to me during that limbo time of going off work to start seeking answers. I had symptoms come and go without warning. I was so 'ill' I couldn't work. I was depressed and just wanted to go to sleep and never wake up.

I knew the magnitude of the situation when I thought, "I've never been so depressed in my life". It's true. I don't imagine I'll ever feel that low again.

I came out of the 'experience' stronger and wiser though, and I thank my strong will and family for being there through it.

It's tough for people with very typical MS symptoms to get a diagnosis.. I count myself VERY lucky that, while it took a year or so, it ONLY took a year or so, and most of my symptoms were very non-specific to MS. Many try for years to get answers without luck.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daisy.girl (02-27-2011), Dejibo (02-28-2011), SallyC (02-27-2011)