Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliainpain View Post
Thank you all for advice and helpful thoughts... there were alot of questions...

im including a picture of the electric stimuli machine.. which the dr called a tens unit and after some research I have found its not a tens unit... its a pic from online... I also included a new pic of my neck after this treatment...

on Wen. I have an appointment with a different Dr. I got a copy of the mri so i could see for myself whats going on. It says I have spinal canal stenosis due to a 3mm posterior disc protrusion at c5/6 and a hemangioma within T1.

The current dr has not explained what that means or what the options are or treatment. He just keeps hooking me up to this machine every monday, wens, and friday... Yesterday my migraine was so bad my entire face went numb and i was crying in pain. Nothing over the counter would touch it and I tried every suggestion people gave me to help it...

Im hoping the dr wens can direct me in the right direction

if anyone has any suggestions from past experiences... please... i welcome advice... i feel because of my age maybe people dont take me seriously...

Here is more info on the machine-
[This machine (ProElec DT 2000) has been a breakthrough in electromedicine, combining all known forms of electromedical therapy, in addition to this new revolutionary therapy. It is the most sophisticated form of electrotherapy available. ]
http://www.drmarkwheaton.com/electrotherapy.html

so it just depends on how the person sets it up - it can do all types of e therapies.

Did you tell/ask the DC about your skin reactions?
And I would ask again what type of e stim therapy he is using on you.

If he says TENS again ask why ?

Does he do any adjustments or just the e stim only??

Maybe he hasn't really trained for the proper use of this machine or the various e stim therapies.

You have to speak up and tell any care provider if you aren't feeling better and especially if you are feeling worse - so they can adjust the treatments - if they don't then run away from them.

Sometimes places will buy expensive equipment/gadgets and try to make it fit for all pts that come thru the door. and bill them accordingly - so they can get the machines paid off.

You don't have to keep going treatment that is hurting you. Tell the atty it isn't working out - and good luck with that newer dr.

It is your body, take charge and don't let poor care, or poor referrals mess you up worse.

You didn't say if it feels like it is shocking or stinging you at all?
just curious , I guess you would mention it if it was doing that too.
"Thanks for this!" says:
taliainpain (03-01-2011)