View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy.girl View Post
I guess....I have the same question for you. How did you know something was wrong? It sounds like you have a very full and normal life. Do all your friends know you have MS? Do they ever question your diagnosis?? So, you have not progressed much in 25 yrs? Are you on a DMD?
Hi daisy.girl,

It was very obvious something was wrong. My husband traveled on buisness quite a bit, when he was out of town it was left to me to take care of mowing. We had a large yard, front and back.

One day I went out to mow (early morning). I made it half way through the backyard when my legs became weak and I felt like I would collapse if I didn't sit down. The rest of the day I spent sleeping. The next morning I felt fine, so I went to finish mowing the yard...same thing happened.

From that point on things progressed to what I now know as a full blown severe exacerbation.

By the time I saw my PCP I could barely walk, Bi-lateral leg weakness, I was numb from the waist down, I had tremors, pins and needles from the waist down, L'Hermittes, fatigue and pain.

My PCP examined me, said he could not help me and handed me a referral to a Neurologist. I was diagnosed within 3 months.

I had the same type of symptoms/exacerbation, but worse, one year later.

My friends know I have MS and I have never had a single one question the diagnosis it's self. I do get questions about the disease and how I am feeling/doing.

I am not nor have I ever been on a DMD. Have I progressed? Yes. Considering I can take symptoms as far back as childhood my progression has been minimal. My biggest challenge has always been my mobility.
barb02 (02-28-2011), daisy.girl (02-28-2011), Dejibo (02-28-2011), dmplaura (02-28-2011)