View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 12:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
You will likely qualify for SSI now and SSDI at the one year anniversary of your injury if your income has been below $1000 per month average since your injury. SSI can supplement your income in some cases. SSDI can supplement your income if your income is below $1000 per month due to your disability. PCS is considered a disability based on the ongoing symptoms.

The SSDI Blue Book explains the functions that qualify for SSDI. Here are some of the standards. If you can not perform under these standards, you likely qualify for SSDI. This is just a thumbnail shot of the various work standards. I highlighted some conditions in bold.

<# Tolerate certain environmental conditions (such as temperature extremes, wetness, humidity, noise, hazardous working conditions like moving machinery or heights, dust, fumes, odors, gases, poor ventilation, vibrations).
# See, hear, and speak.
# Maintain concentration and attention at work.
# Understand, remember and carry out instructions.
# Respond appropriately to supervisors, co-workers, and usual work situations.
# Cope with changes in the work setting. >

The important factor is being able to work under these standards for a 40 hour week. Being able to work for just ten hours per week and making less that $1000 per month after business expenses does not disqualify you.

I hope you have an attorney who understands mTBI and its long term consequences. The NP assessment will be a good tool to evaluate your recovery. It can be compared to the previous to note any changes/improvements. Has your attorney read up on mTBI at www.tbilaw.com The attorney at tbilaw, Gordon Johnson, has some serious concerns about how a NeuroPsych Assessment is done and reported.

Hope you have a better week.

My best to you.
Thanks for the info, Mark. I think I will call my attorney today to discuss this. I do know my attorney has experience with PCS. I remember him saying early on I would need a neuro-psych test.
roadrunner63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote