View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What works? - dizziness

Hi Jingles,
It is sometimes hard to know if something is having an effect because it might take a long time and the you aren't sure if it was what you were taking or adjusting in some other way.

Regarding the dizziness: This never was my worst symptom. It was quite mild in my case, but I did take branch chained amino acids (BCAA), a nutritional supplement for a few months and I found that my dizziness did improve. Of course this could have happened anyway, or it might be that my body is compensating in some other way, but I think that it is worth a try. (Even though it does taste awful.)

The other thing that I found was that 10mg amitriptyline nightly does help me (but it seems not you) with headaches and neuropathic pain.

CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingles1987 View Post
Well, I wasn't necessarily thinking about just myself with the symptoms. I was thinking that if anyone has had success with treating a particular symptom they could list it some stuff that they have found helpful.

As for myself currently the worst symptom I've been having is the vertigo/dizziness. I just completely feel off-balance and to me it's the worst symptom because it makes everything else seem 100x worse. I've heard that meclizine has worked with people with vertigo/dizziness, but i tried that and there was no change. Both my neuro and my dr refuse to even consider valium even for a short period.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote