View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 03:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dej, my best friend got Prilosec (Omeprazole ) instead of Prozac. Just the opposite of your Mom. Different state or I would wonder who got the wrong one in my friend's case.

She was to up her dosage to 40 mg, from 20 mg of Prozac. So the pills were new looking to her. She didn't know what they should look like. She took them all month.

She went into depression after a month of cold turkey from not only not increasing Prozac, but getting none at all. She almost lost her job due to this Mom and Pop Pharmacy.

She has the bottle, with Prozac on the front store printed label (all correct info) and on the side is the generic, original full bottle for Prilosec (Omeprazole ) imprinted and instructions under the label they stuck on it for her insurance info.

Instructions came with it for Prozac, yet the full new bottle was Prilosec.

So this med switch and lack of the pharmacy double checking, caused many bad issues for my friend. One other thing good, and one bad.

She didn't have any heartburn for that month that was the good, but it inhibited the making of hydrochloric acid in her body, so she had terrible heartburn for two months after, and never had a problem with spices before.

So it can snowball, to a mountain, a mistake.. to be many problems, even death in some cases.

On News TV.
That young girl who got cancer medicine, instead of her Anti-B's, while in the third month of pregnancy. She now has to worry about miscarriage or her baby being injured now. I haven't read anything recently about her, has anyone?

The FDA put up a list similar to RW.
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/S.../ucm243850.htm

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (02-28-2011)