View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 04:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can so empathasize..

I'm newly diagnosed and just beginning the nerve blocks (this Friday). None of the pain, nerve meds have worked so it is scary. I live by myself, no money saved and I must work ( I do have disability if I chose to use it I guess). I just recently started doing Jon Zabat Kimm's tapes on minduflness and pain. I find breathing and being in the moment (THE MOST i CAN BE...), helps just a little. I catastrophize alot!! And in the tapes he does mention that labelling it pain...could make it hurt more..and has some suggestions for other names...but he's very kind about it, doesn't make any grand statement about what works or doesn't.

I have also found I'm burning my friends out...so probably need to do more sharing on this forum.

I also have been working with my spiritual minister alot on this..and the prayers plus her belief in healing (heal the mind and body will follow ) are very inspiring to me. I also read a lot of positive, inspirational stories...just have to take some control back and create a new life with CRPS..grieve the old, but find some purpose in the pain.

Hugs for us all.

Linda
lindatall2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jenna Delaney (03-04-2011), SandyRI (02-28-2011)