View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I too live in fear. I think it's normal for anyone dealing with RSD and any other illness.

My main fears are around making things worse pain wise. If I plan to go shopping or out with friends, I am always thinking about what could make it worse (walking, air, stress, transport etc) and always end up getting into a state because of it. I try not to get stressed too much and try and allow myself to have fun but it's SOO hard! I know if I go out one day, for a few days afterwards I can be laid in bed in severe pain because of it. I've got used to things a bit more now (had RSD nearly 4 years) and have a theory that for every day I play, I have to set aside a day to pay and it's soo true!

I honestly don't know what you can do to try and eliminate the fear. Like you, I am under a Psychologist's care but I don't think they help that much. I don't think anyone can truly understand RSD unless they have experienced it. My PM Doctor is sending me onto a 3 week course for people with chronic pain. It is supposed to help them think about life in a more positive way, has Psychologist and Doctors support and is supposed to help you 'cope' with the reality of a chronic illness better. I'm hoping it'll help but theres a long waiting list for it.

Take care, Daniella. Sorry I couldn't help, just know you aren't alone!

Alison