View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can chronic emotional stress actually cause a peripheral neuropathy

I went to my neurologists office this morning he was not in but I spoke with his nurse and told her how I have been feeling the past few years. She wrote it down in my chart for the doctor to read. The one thing that I have been having a hard time dealing with and I think it has caught up with me, stress and possible anxiety. I have not told him about how much my emotional stress has been bothering me, but it has gotten to the point I can not ignore it or hide it anymore. When he mentioned the possiblity of autoimmune problems on my last visit and wanted to run more tests. Thats when I realized my stress could be triggering something in my body to go haywire. I do have nerve damage that is affected my myelin and axons. The sensations have been getting worse over the past few months and it is scary to think that I may have created this problem myself by not being able to control my stress level. I also read that stress can cause arthritis to progress faster than normal because of the bodies immune response causing a imflammatory issue to become worse. I am only 41 and also have osteoarthritis in my spine which I know is not considered a imflammatory type. It is somewhat prominent considering my age is what the radiologist said in his report. I really feel like I am aging faster than I should be.

Last edited by lynn01; 02-28-2011 at 08:23 PM.
lynn01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote