View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Hi Lynn,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn01 View Post
I am only 41 and also have osteoarthritis in my spine which I know is not considered a imflammatory type.
Yet NSAIDs are the first line treatment for osteoarthritis. Spinal osteoarthritis can certainly cause inflammation as the discs deteriorate and bones begin to rub together.
http://www.osteoarthritisremedy.com/...osteoarthritis

There's also a variety known as inflammatory osteoarthritis that typically affects middle-aged women, but it manifests in the last & middle joints of the fingers.
http://www.arthritistoday.org/commun...oarthritis.php

I don't know if there's any way to tell if stress could or actually has caused PN, but it can certainly exacerbate it as it can many other conditions & diseases. Either way, blame & guilt aren't going to help the stress, the arthritis, or the PN.

Quote:
It is somewhat prominent considering my age is what the radiologist said in his report. I really feel like I am aging faster than I should be.
They told me close to the same thing; when all my chronic pain issues began in my mid-40s, the orthopedic surgeon (after reviewing all the imaging & reports) said I had the spine of a man in his 90s.

We can't change what's happened in the past. We can take better care of ourselves now and in the future, which includes dealing with those stress issues as best we can.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CarlaDanDan (03-02-2011), im4dexter (03-03-2011)