Old 02-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Is someone with them during the day?

Some will respond to music - like the old time stuff they listened to in younger days. calming and soothing is the main key.

What stage are they at now?
sometimes forget peoples names or who relatives are
forgetting how to do things
leaving burners on

My gramma was a gentle soul and just got more & more quiet and timid as hers progressed.
She started to not know she was in her own home ( with full time in home care person & family nearby) and would constantly ask "when can I go home?" Then started to be afraid of nearly everyone and had to be fed like a baby, was falling out of her bed, just becoming too much for the in home caregivers then family decided it was time for specialty care home.

my elderly aunt also had diabetes so it was a mix of blood sugar swings and Alz or senility.
She would get a stubborn streak, at least not mean but would say she ate or forget to and then the blood sugar dropped and she was found to be out of it quite a few times.
The apt she was in didn't allow for any extra person and she didn't want to more either..
Finally at the end she was moved to a care center , but we knew it wouldn't be long .
But sometimes people are ready to go anyway...
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (03-01-2011)