View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 12:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Please let us know how surgery goes- I also am considering surgery for this.....also live in Sac....I totally understand your fears- I am a bit older (47) and have had children but am afraid I will not be able to hold a baby when I have grandchildren- I tried to hold a friend's baby and could not handle it.....I am also worried that I will not be able to function at work- it gets worse every year......I love my job and would hate to do nothing! I am not on any narcotics but am on neurontin- just started. The bummer of TOS is that it makes you want to do nothing- just come home from work and lie down......I have had four thoracic vascular surgery consults and all had differing opinions of the symptoms.......12 doctors in three years......interestingly, the one who had the most experience gave the most promising opinion of surgical outcome and was able to give me a lot of information about the specific nerves causing the problems/symptoms. For years no one could tell me if the scapular burning pain (severe at times) was related to the bilat ulnar nerve pain. I recently found out that if I press right under clavicle, the scapular pain is totally reproduced- it was like a lightbulb went off.....yes, it is related and due to compression under the clavicle. I have tried almost everything (everything that is evidence-based) as well as Rolfing which is not evidence-based but I wanted to try as much as possible.......now looking into Botox into pectoralis/scalenes but I do not know if anyone around here does this (one of my MD is checking). The research I did is not promising for the botox- if anything just temporary with risk. I do not know of any other disorder that causes so much frustration!

Good Luck and please post after surgery!
2laurie2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote