Thread: Morphine?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 12:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Yes, I was thinking that too, that is a lot of both Tylenol & IB to be taking...
unless your Dr suggested /ok'd it.
Yes, when I phoned the dr office this morning, the nurse called back and said that the doc had said to allow a full week (Until this Thurs) for the morphine to really work well, and to take up to 1000mg Tylenol up to 4x a day, and up to 800mg Ibuprofen up to 3x a day, but to alternate between the two every two hours instead of taking them both at the same time. When I explained that I was already doing that since I wasn't allowed to take anything else but the pain was unbearable, she said she's talk to the dr and get back with me.

Then awhile later she rang back to say the dr has changed my script, and I should now take two 15mg morphine every 12 hrs (so basically 30mg twice a day). I had taken my one dose of 15 mg at noon, and this was at 4pm when she called, so she said take another 15 mg then, and then at midnight when my regular 2nd dose would be scheduled, to go ahead and take two pills.

Within 2 hours after the 2nd morphine pill I felt great- little pain at all, but quite shaky and nauseated. After eating, my stomach is better, and it's now almost midnight, about time for my other dose, and I'm just starting to hurt again- about 6/10, which is still pretty mild for my regular pain.

I'm hoping that my stomach can tolerate the two pills together, because overall this dose seems to work for the pain, and I haven't felt a need for a breakthrough dose. So far, it's been the best I've felt in almost 3 years!
72daywmn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote