Thread: Elavil.........
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose_thorn98 View Post
Just started Amitriptyline, 5 mg. per night, and I do see a difference. I'm now tapering off of Lyrica. Tapering down off it by 25 mg. every 4 days per Dr. Down from 400 mg. of Lyrica to 350 in last week. Hope to get off Lyrica as after 6 months I still have side effects of memory problems and feeling High half the day. I also have had a problem with Itching which we thing might be due to Lyrica. So, only way to know if the Lyrica is causing itching is to stop it.

Wish me luck, hope Amitriptyline keeps working for me like it has for all of you.
Hi Rose I found Lyrica to be useless after upping the dosage to a point where it stopped working. At that stage I was a 90 year old brain trapped in a 50 year body. The brain fog has finally gone, thought i was going crazy! unfortunately the blurry vision is still with me for now.

here is a heads up about Amitriptyline. It is a brilliant pain reliever at very low dose, almost unbelievable.

However

1.The side effects for me were even worse than lyrica. Total detachment form mind / body.

2. insatiable appetite. A desire not from the mouth but from somewhere deep in the body. I have never experienced this and gained 15kg in the first month.

3. instant loss of libido. Absolutely no interest unless my ice cream was breast shaped.

I now take 10mg maybe once every 2 weeks if Im having a flare or insomnia. Amitriptyline is nasty stuff (for me)

here is website where people rate there use of Amitriptyline. 70% (approx)
do not recommend it and all for the reasons I have stated. some did not get pain relief. The rest absolutely loved it !

http://www.askapatient.com/viewratin...IPTYLINE%20HCL

just want to mention Amitriptyline really helped me taper off lyrica with its strong sedative effect.

The above experience was mine only I really hope this drug works for you :-)
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote