View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 10:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kathe:

Brag away, I'm proud of your attitude! I've been seriously considering pilates myself. It's rather expensive here though. On top of the gym membership I think it's like $100 for 7 sessions, something close to that. But I've spoken to my drs about it and they think it certainly wouldn't hurt and would probably be beneficial in stretching the muscles and ligaments out since that's a big part of my pain (tight neck/back muscles). I think I'm going to get botox in the neck, start massage and add the pilates. Maybe the combination will keep everything from locking back up. My pain dr. doesn't think anything will work. He actually told me at my last visit, that I was trying to hard and I would never get any better than I am right now. I'm setting myself up for disappointment and depression if I don't achieve what I think I should be able to achieve. How's that for confusion and dissillusion?!! If I didn't think he was a good dr. and that he truelly believes me and is willing to work with my pain meds I probably wouldn't go back. I suppose he's seen me up and down so many times he doesn't want me to see me back down again. Who knows.

Anyway, glad to hear that you're feeling so much better and the mystery patchs are gone. That had to be nerve wracking!

Linda
Username is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote