Thread: Effexor
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Yes. I actually didn't go back on it, although that would have helped fix the way I was feeling. I remember being given vitB12 shots and also some muscle relaxants temporarily. Remember this was a long time ago. It took me weeks before I felt better, but my main problem was what happened with my muscles and also feeling really spaced out... more so than usual lol The "spaced out" feeling is very uncomfortable and similar to how I get with my anxiety sometimes. Hard to describe in words.

I've learned a lot about the actual mechanism of panic attacks and that's helped me a lot when they're fairly infrequent. Helps to know what's really happening and that I'm not really going to die and I can knowingly put in place some tactics to prevent things from going over the edge. However, sometimes I'll have a few months here and there when the panic attacks are somewhat crippling and not too much seems to help and it's very isolating.

It's a real pain, but I just don't want to take those medications again. I know that might not sound responsible, but that's how I feel. There have been a couple of times since that incident I was talking about when I stopped the Zoloft cold turkey when a doctor would have prescribed me similar medications for my anxiety, but I continue to battle it out without them. A lot of my anxiety is social stuff, always has been. It fluxes though and when I'm good I'm really really good and when it's bad it's horrid.

(((sadeyesr4ever)))
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote