View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Please find a doctor who will sedate you for procedure

Hi Dear NPR,
I really do not understand why this keeps happening, pain doctors making our pain worse.

Here you are going to a PM doctor , who is to help you manage and reduce pain, and yet, he is actually increasing your pain..
from both the terrible acute pain of the process its self, and the pain caused by the anxiety and stress following and preceeding each procedule.

If it sounds like I truly understand ,It is because I had the same thing done to me 23 times.

It was like torture. If the pain was not so severe i would have never gone back but what can we do - you cant live iwht that pain? well short versoion the doctors cold turkey metod caused my condition to worsen severely, I have full body rsd now. :When i went to him I had rsd in right leg with a spread to left. When this was finished i had full body.

Here is waht is sad, there is no reason in hte world you should feel a thing. My new pm doctor , puts and iv in ,and knoks me out. I never feel anything.

Ill bet that the doctor is not giving anesthesia but is billing the insurance company for it, there for increasing his profit.

There are many doctors who would not consdier doing this procedure with out sedation. you will have to find.one OK.

I hope this helps you. sincerely cz

[/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by needpainrelief View Post
This is my first time visiting this website, so please bear with me if I posted in the wrong forum.

In 1994 I had reconstructive surgery on my face and this included cheek implants. Since the surgery, I have gone to several doctors about severe pain in my face. X-rays have shown that the screws under the cheek implants have come out and when I smile, laugh or try to bite into a sandwich the screws are hitting a nerve - causing SEVERE pain that literally brings me to screaming agony. I've already looked into having the implants removed, but my health insurance will not cover and it and right now we can not afford this option.

I've gone to a doctor who is 'numbing' the nerve with an injection. This works for maybe 4 months and then the pain is back. The actual procedure of the getting this injection is horrible - I don't know how much longer I can go through this procedure.

Can anyone else relate to this? Any ideas on what I can do? The doctor said I could have the nerve cut which would result in permanent loss of feeling. At this point that doesn't sound too bad. As I write this post I'm in tears because I yawned and I now have lightning bolts of pain on each side of my face. Can't take this anymore....

[/COLOR]Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
[/COLOR]

Last edited by CZZ74; 03-01-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote