View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imahotep View Post
I applaud those who can continue their lives with this thing. I do know how difficult it is to deal with the disease and a normal life.

But there are many things you just can't do any longer or become chores. I had trouble just putting on my work shoes or peeling an orange. Now I buy oranges in a bottle.

Everyone has to adapt and part of adapting is finding things to take the place of what was lost. I doubt this is an easy process for anyone but it's something we all need to do to the best of our ability.

We must laugh in the face of terror. During the blitz of London in WW II people got used to be bombed everyday. They'd picked themselves up and dust off and then go back to carrying on with their lives. The major difference is we have to dust ourselves off just right or we'll be in more pain.

AND if I may add..our negatives must somehow be replaced now by our positives in our lives..It is very easy and (we most certainly deserve this..don't get me wrong) to get swallowed up in our new life of pain and ugly..no answers..our hands are full just getting thru our days.. but what little energy we have in reserve we must use to find a happy spot in our hearts..Because in the long run..when we turn that light out at night next to our bed...what did we gain if we just felt blah about ourselves and our lives now...?? I was a tennis instructor for many years..it allowed me to afford my college bills plus I got to play and teach the sport I loved... now I will not, Iam sure of this... I will never pick up my tennis racquet again or at least play competively anymore..but I've grown to understand and accept that cuz I/we have to accept where Iam now with my life and the positive is..I can still smile and give love and receive it back..and that warms my heart. I will always have my fond memories of my tennis days and students..and now it's about the ... Free and simple (wink)....It's out of our hands... we have to loosen our grip on our old life and accept the new...and somehow be appreciative we are still here to enjoy life and our loved ones in it...We need to afford that smile and laugh when ever we can...

Hugz, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Imahotep (03-01-2011)