Thread: Elavil.........
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 02:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Attention Don't know what else to do, so I suck it up...see how long it lasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisable View Post
well, actually the generic of it, is working well for me, I have been able to cut down to 900mg. of Gabby because of it. It does make me tired, but I take
30 mg. at bedtime, works out well........don't need Valium to sleep anymore.

Just wanted to share that, I know some of you are having trouble with tolerance issues with Lyrica and Gabby, as I was experiencing also.
I used to be on Elavil (Tramadol) to fight the fibromyalgia and it worked very well; I couldn't take it after 3pm 'cuz it would give me sleep apnea. So the administration was only in the morning. I realized this narcotic was only masking the pain so I faded it out of my "diet" and found myself very tired; I guessed it was the withdrawal symptoms. But after just a few weeks, I was okay. I decided to live with the pain that sometimes tells me I should take it easier some days than others... Of course the doctors tried talking me into taking more stuff. I'm not taking anything anymore and it's been years now. The pain from osteoarthritis is slowly incleasing and I live with it: jacuzzi 45 minutes every day... That is all I can do that doesn't have side effects. I guess I'm not hurting enough to try drugs yet... But it takes me a good hour every morning before I feel "soft" enough to get dressed; right away is impossible, even putting my slippers on without pain!
lnkn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Artgirl (04-27-2011)