Thread: Ketamine?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 03:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ketamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereisfunkytown View Post
I'm new to the forum, but have had CRPS for four years. Last spring I had a SCS implanted and was able to go off my narcotic meds (Fentanyl, oxy, and morpheine), but when winter hit I had to start taking codeine. It's not covering the pain now and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with Ketamine (infusion or daily med)? I really don't want to start down the narc road again, them having been truly taxing on me physically and emotionally.

I'd like to know what experiences people have had with pain relief, effect on sleep (if any) and if anyone experienced any side effects. Also, is there a detox with ketamine? I'd like to be able to discontinue it for the summer as I'm financially strapped.

Thanks!

Alice
I have had three ketamine infusion treatments and for me it has been a true blessing to be pain free. The treatments do wear off and for me it takes three to four months. I did reverse my last one by being in a small room when a band had their amps turned up. I have full body RSD and can not tolerate loud music. my doc is Steven Pulley MD in SLC which is a hour flight for me.
rsdpoppa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote