View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 04:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawn600 View Post
Hi Byates,

I can't say one way or another about Dr. Kirkpatrick but I had the same treatment as Gabbycakes and very similar to SandyRI and cannot recommend Ketamine highly enough. My biggest concern with Kirkpatrick is it doesn't sound like it's affordable or much of an option to do boosters and I can tell you without a doubt what makes or breaks my treatment is the boosters.

My initial 5 day inpatient treatment was in NY with Dr. Richman who truly is an amazingly kind and intelligent man who truly wants to help people and cares. My insurance covered the entire hospital stay but like Gabbycales, not his daily visits, it was still cheaper then Kirkpatrick and frankly, I don't think your daughter could be in better hands. I have three children and I would trust their lives with Dr. Richman.

I still see Dr. Richman for follow ups and would possibly do inpatient with him again if necessary since my RSD also took 10 yrs to diagnose and spread through my entire left side.

In the meantime, Dr. Richman consults with Dr. Shwartzman in Philly and I get my outpatient boosters there. I can honestly tell you, when I get my boosters, I feel like I did before this monster of a disease got it's hold on me. The only thing is, without regular boosters, it will come back. Right now is the longest I've gone without a booster and I am feeling it and desperately awaiting my next booster and realizing I need to speak with them about shortening the length of time between boosters.

Key point here is, it cannot be "one and done". You really do need to look into your options, consider the financial aspects, do find someone within a reasonable distance of home for the boosters and see if your insurance will cover ketamine. I know United Healthcare does, Aetna does not (that's what I have, lucky me).

If you want an absolute honest opinion on what would be best for your daughter, I can say without a doubt, Dr. Daniel Richman at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NY is the one who would give it to you. He's truly not in this for the money and if he doesn't think it would help, he'd tell you flat out. If he thinks outpatient with another doctor may work better, he'd tell you that too. I truly can't recommend him enough.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me by right clicking on my name.

:Hug:
Dawn
Dr Shwartzman's office recommended Dr Kirkpatrick to me. I call Dr Schwartzman and he has a two year waiting list. I know Dr Kirkpatrick is expensive however for this first treatment I am willing to pay. (with help from my parents). If she has a good response from the treatment then I will need to find another doctor for the boosters hopefully in florida.
byates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote