Thread: Elavil.........
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorrro13 View Post
Hi Rose I found Lyrica to be useless after upping the dosage to a point where it stopped working. At that stage I was a 90 year old brain trapped in a 50 year body. The brain fog has finally gone, thought i was going crazy! unfortunately the blurry vision is still with me for now.

here is a heads up about Amitriptyline. It is a brilliant pain reliever at very low dose, almost unbelievable.

However

1.The side effects for me were even worse than lyrica. Total detachment form mind / body.

2. insatiable appetite. A desire not from the mouth but from somewhere deep in the body. I have never experienced this and gained 15kg in the first month.

3. instant loss of libido. Absolutely no interest unless my ice cream was breast shaped.

I now take 10mg maybe once every 2 weeks if Im having a flare or insomnia. Amitriptyline is nasty stuff (for me)

here is website where people rate there use of Amitriptyline. 70% (approx)
do not recommend it and all for the reasons I have stated. some did not get pain relief. The rest absolutely loved it !

http://www.askapatient.com/viewratin...IPTYLINE%20HCL

just want to mention Amitriptyline really helped me taper off lyrica with its strong sedative effect.

The above experience was mine only I really hope this drug works for you :-)
Zorro, your experience of Amitriptyline sounds like my experience with LYRICA! We are all certainly different. I've used Amitriptyline before for another condition and didn't have much problems with it except for its sedating properties. But it was hell to get off of when I was trying to get pregnant.....I mean horrible withdrawl. LYRICA worked wonders for me for about 2 weeks and after that I had to increase it every week. All the side effects without the benefits. It's all about seeing what works for us individually for sure!
rose_thorn98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote