Thread: infertility
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 05:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had many infertility problems----went through a total of 22 cycles of infertility drugs, treatments, etc. One surgery, tests, more tests, etc. I have had 3 miscarriages, which is an undescribable pain. Between all of this, though, I was blessed with a wonderful son, who is now 12. He is the sunshine in my life!
I could fill an ocean with the amount of tears I have shed over all of this. Fertility drugs make you sooooooo emotional anyway! And the money you spend, with no guarantees. Your life becomes whatever day of your cycle you are on. Then the dreaded visit from AF.

Cheryl, I had a step-daughter (I am now divorced) like the daughter you described--stealing, pathological liar, etc. We went through so much counselling, tried to help her, but I think the more you try to help, sometimes, you do more harm. Some people just don't have a conscence (SP?). My best friend went through pretty much the same thing, only she ended up adopting her step-son (she went through all the infertility issues herself, after having a healthy daughter when she was not married).
Her step-daughter finally did straighten out, married her AA sponser, and has a son of her own. It is never hopeless!

Finding someone with the same issues to talk with, helps so much with the pain! And counselling. There is also a website called Inciid, that is for infertility issues, prgnancy loss, adoption, etc., that I found to be very, very helpful. It is set up very similar to this site. I have not used it in years, but I do not know how I would have dealt with all of the issues without it. I just hope it is still as helpful!

Bobbi, I have missed you! I hope you are doing well. I missed BT so much, and was thrilled when I found this! Your insight was always so much to look forward to. I hope to see you around, or hear from you.

Carolyn
carolynms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote