View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Boston Sci?

Hi MrsCJM and welcome to our group! There is much experience here, although I do not recall anyone mentioning a scenario such as yours, so I do not know whom to ask. My first thoughts are Rrae and PoohAC, due to their experience around these parts. Rae? Pooh? Are you out there?

This scares the dickens out of me too!! I am implanted permanently since last June at t8/t9 via laminectomy with paddles. Afterward, they were concerned apparently because I was not coming around out of the anesthetic as soon as they had planned [Apparently, I REALLY liked the place where I was in Lala land]. Finally I awakened, was goofy as heck, but then started to focus and remember my name. My wife was there. After a while, I was allowed to get up and walk, and I walked a LOT that day since I was wanting recovery, the stuff out of my veins, and the ride home to my bed.

NO ONE even suggested among the paperwork I recall reviewing pre-surgery that in 30% of such implants an occurrence similar to yours is possible. Seems like a pretty high ratio. I did not feel it, but goodness, could it manifest later? Wow.

Prayin for ya,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (03-02-2011), Rrae (03-01-2011)