View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Thank you, Rae, you reminded me of something

Recently, in manipulating my remote control higher and higher among the settings to overcome a pain spike, I actually transcended parasthesia, the intended effect of the device in impeding pain signal transmission to the brain, and produced a paralytic effect. Telling my doc of this, he explained that the device strength of use could be such that its signal would reach all of the way around the cord to the front where the nerves controlling lower body motor function, bowel, and bladder are located and affect the whole lot.

Precisely the effect I induced in using my stim to overcome pain since I have no other crutch, having withdrawn from all pain medications. I learned there have been no papers published on the topic I had quite by accident experienced, but doc was both concerned and interested that I had produced such an effect. His recommendation was more moderation in use.

As for me, I was glad when the proper nerve functions as my body now knows them were restored once I backed off of the signal strength after the pain had been brought under control.

Food for thought....... there is still much about which science or business know little when implanting artificial devices within the human body.

Careful,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (03-02-2011), Rrae (03-02-2011)