View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs Up Thanks

Thanks for the replies and thoughts on my situation. Rrae, you asked if my unit was on when the event occurred.... yes, it was since it had been turned on during surgery. Once this big pain hit me, they immediately turned the unit off. It remained off for probably an hour and a half before the Rep came back to my room and turned it back on. Having the unit off did not relieve any of the pain. The pain was unlike anything that I had ever experienced. I stayed overnight at the hospital for observation. I was seen by a Cardiologist who looked over the EKG, heart muscle enzymes etc and she promised me there was no indication of a heart attack (I was glad to hear that). The residual pain remained all day and most of the night. By my release from the hospital this morning, the pain was mostly gone. I made the decision to turn the unit off before I went to sleep lastnight...... just to give my shocked body a rest. I plan to leave it off a couple more days, at least until I'm over the surgical pain. I plan to do some research of my own to see where (or if) it is documented that the implantation can cause this type of nerve reaction.

I will post any interesting information that I learn from my research.
Ms CJM
Ms CJM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (03-02-2011), Mark56 (03-02-2011), Rrae (03-02-2011)