View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 05:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's a tough decision. I too am caring for a parent with Alzhiemers and working a full time stressful job. Right now my husband stays with her during the day as she requires 24/7 care. Not for her health, but because she can't remember where she is. I'm working full time and caring for her when I get home. Truthfully...it's killing me. Physically I'm on a downhill slide that goes faster everyday. Emotionally I'm being ripped apart by my feelings of caring for her vs. working. There's no easy answer. Speaking from my own experience, don't try doing both for a long period of time. Caring for a parent is emotionally draining and you may find your energy level dropping rapidly. I can only suggest to pick one or the other and go with it. Dividing up time and energy like that could be more than you bargained for (believe me). Best of luck to all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMAnastasi View Post
Anyone want to offer some suggestions....on how to have a full timed stressful job and care for a loved one who is mentally slipping away faster every day....
torn between wanting to be home more and wanting never to be home.....
im4dexter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote