View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I haven't started the sprouts yet.... I think the spring/summer will be the time.

I am eating so little right now... The death of my 2 long time friends...kitties, the new kittie, and all the hoohaa I have now to deal with my blood sugar and the Glumetza, etc... another new thing? Right now I am doing seeds...but not the edible type.
My kitchen is full of seedstarting stuff and I can't move around in there at all (very small old kitchen). I have 4 flats now under lights for my outside garden.

Once I get those things outside, then I'll think about the sprouts.
I eat more greens/salads when the weather is warm anyway.

I found some NOW packaged seeds at a healthfood store about 45 minutes away. They were less $$ than the online places.
I do have them, I just have to get motivated. The metformin kills my appetite...maybe I will get over that effect? But no sickness yet from it. Next week I start 2 a day.

Ah, you haven't started sprouting yet. Sorry about your kitties. They must have meant a lot to you. Today I am expecting a replacement Flip video camera. I will then make a new video of what I did in my kitchen. I moved a bookcase across the kitchen and I have a completely self contained sprout shelving system. It's quite remarkable. I knew what I wanted and so I set out to make it. I have a swing lamp affixed to the top shelf and it swings down for greening up and it swings up to light my kitchen. Very innovative if I say so myself. But you have to see it to completely understand what I did. My other sprouting buddies get a kick out of my sprouting videos. I tell them "wait, you aint seen nothing yet". I sound like Al Jolson, lol

So I hope this Flip comes today. I have lots of videos to make.

I'll send you a link when I do the kitchen one. You'll see my sprouts greening up and you'll laugh. It really is a great set-up. I could do this for the rest of my life.

I find sprouting very calming, very anti-anxiety and because these foods are alive, well, I know they are helping my body, with all the anti-oxidant benefits.

I think we are never too old to learn stuff.

Look at how much I learned from you.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-02-2011)