View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Yes, my 24 yr old cat and 20 yr old died 2 months apart. This was terrible on me. I was totally broken!

I did find a new kitten, and she is really a handful. I have pictures of all of them on my profile album.
This new kitty is like having a baby! She even squeals, tries to talk, and fetches! One amazing furball. And she keeps me really busy. She is my new avatar picture.
What a cute cat. I must share something with you. My friend has a dog, Babe and two cats, who she rescued from outside. They have been with her for years. She takes excellent care of all her pets. I am not a cat person. At least until last month, had never petted any cats.

I resolved (for the new year), to pet Tabitha and Little one (those are her cats). I was sitting in her living room and I patted the couch and I said "Tabby, come here". Everyone watched me. I let her smell me, and she rolled over on her back and I rubbed her tummy. Then she cozied up to me and laid next to me. Never saw such a thing and my friend said "I never thought you could do that, you don't go near cats". I said "we should all do something new once in a while and my resolution this year was to pet your cats. Then the other cat Little One is his name, I did the same with him. Now when I go and visit her, I have Babe (the dog) at my feet, wanting my attention, and both cats sitting one on each side of me. and I pet them.

Wow, I'm doing really well in my old age, aren't I?

lol

You had your cats for a long long time, now you can give the love to the new cat.

Best of luck

Melody
When I get my Flip, I record my relationship with Little One and Tabitha.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-02-2011)