View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Abby thank you for this question. I had wanted to ask this and lost track of doing it.

The last neuro who was biased and was unwilling to look at how bad my breathing is pushed diet and rehab saying " even smart people cant necessarily rehab themselves." I dont know what the underlying text on that is as she was so dismissive of me overall. The diet and rehab were under her 'assumption' that my symptoms arent that bad so it must be Chronic Fatigue (tho that was ruled out by my pulmo).

I didnt bother to tell her that I did rehab myself once very well after the vitamin D was found. The truth that I know is that I am ill enough at this point that if I tried to go to a facility for rehab 2 times a week I would get worse as my body had not been able to tolerate that level of activity. I wouldnt mind working on MG rehab if I knew that was the focus and I wouldnt get worse from higher acitivty level.

I tried to go to a very close satalite facility for some pain rehab about 2 1/2 years ago and they wanted me twice a week. I tried to explain what that would do to me. Even when I did it myself back in 2006-07 I had to measure my success in minutes. I guess I would recommend that especailly for those who push themselves, have a history of that like me. I started on in a little park with a walking track that I knew was 1 mile if you walked it twice. This is where the minutes come in. AT firist I was so discourage by getting just down to the first curve and getting what I call 'spaghetti legs" meaning if you dont sit your body is gonna make you right here right now.

I look for ward to others experience. I have just been wondering about seated strenght training like using my bottled water as weights to crunch on couch. Dont know how this would apply to legs. Oh just remembered. A local station does a senior rehab segment that has a lot of seated stuff on sundays.

Annie59

Last edited by Annie59; 03-02-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote