View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 05:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth View Post
Hi Tracey,

I have continued issues with my right armpit, even following a pec minor release over 5 years ago - a lot of it I am sure is due to my injured trap that causes my shoulder to drop, so in effect it is still compressing the nerves under the arm.
There are so MANY nerves there in another very small outlet! Some branch to the side of the breast and others down the side of the ribcage. I can feel most of them.

What I wanted to say is, if the lymph massage doesn't work, it may be the bumps are actually trigger points, from constant muscle spasm and irritation. If so, you can help relieve those by slowly increasing, but firm pressure, and keeping the pressure applied as firmly as possible until you feel the trigger point "give". A PT or massage therapist will know how to do this and can teach you as well. But it can be fierce to do, especially in extra tender areas like this!

If I remember correctly what my PT told me about the lymph drainage, the touch is almost feather light, done in small constantly moving circles, and always towards the heart.

Hope you are feeling better!

i just have to bump this

i am experiencing the EXACT same thing on my atrophied/winged side. my arm pit feels FAT. i suppose there are trigger points in there but im having a hard time distinguishing them from a lymph node. also its just overall tenderness and fatness that doesnt exist anywhere else.

i asked my pt if it was my pec minor and he said it was my serratus and lats i think??? which is interesting. i assumed pec minor.
mspennyloafer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote