View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I've had PT on a few occasions. When my muscles got so weak that they cramped up and then wouldn't stop (vicious cycle), PT helped a lot. It was more about them "kneading" out the kinks and using ultrasound on them. Some exercises are useful and I'm not equating that to "exercising." Exercises that keep your back/core muscles strong like sucking in your stomach muscles are very useful.

I certainly think an assessment from a physical therapist who truly understands MG is a great idea. It was invaluable to me. It has, for the most part, kept me from having recurring problems with certain areas.

I disagree, Tony, about doing some form of exercising. It all depends on how bad someone's MG is though. I personally love my Total Gym. I can rotate muscle groups, do fewer reps and not do it for very long. It targets muscle groups and doesn't overtax me. Therabands can do the same thing.

I do believe that any exercise routine should be done in consultation with your neurologist. My neurologist has a PT group in his clinic, so that works really well for me.

I hope you find something that is a good balance for you.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote