View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 06:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

In regards to my one day of good coverage, the coverage helped tremendously! Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would have to undergo two surgeries and still have the problems because the doctors felt that they "knew" how to place it based on the one day, and they knew that there would be lead migration.

I made it back from my re-programming. It was hard not to harm anyone while waiting because I had to sit for 30 minutes!!!!! They were overbooked, and the chairs are super uncomfortable in the waiting room! It wouldn't have been too bad, but I had overdone it with yesterday's appointment, sitting in the uncomfortable shrink's chair for about an hour and the drive to and from.

My programming went fairly well. The Medtronic rep is trying a few things out to see what is going on. He is concerned that the "mimic" from the stim might not have been the stim, but perhaps the RSD flare, as we know it is affecting my upper back, shoulders, neck and arms. Sadly, when walking, it hits both legs and I'm hoping it's just because I'm not "accustomed" to it, but I've already had to have my husband shut it off as I caught myself on the wall.

While being re-programmed, I didn't have the stim in my chest. I now had to turn it off again because it's back. I am starting to wonder if I am "too jumpy" right now, and all my nerves are messed up. He and I spoke about how after I turn my stim off, that I can feel faint sensations for up to an hour or so after. One rep said that is normal, he is saying that there might be something more to it.

So, here I sit, after spending over an hour at the doctor's office AGAIN only to be out of whack. I will try it in the morning again, but it's too much and makes me feel "wonky" because it's all over.

On a happier note, I got my Compounded Pain Cream, and that helped for about 3 hours!!! The icy numb tingling sensations we all know as RSD is shining once again . This truly is a crappy thing.
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (03-03-2011), Mark56 (03-02-2011), Rrae (03-02-2011)