View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsun01 View Post
...relentlessly progressive , irreversable once established ,thats just a sampling of the prognosis of neuropathy found on most sites and unfortunantly in the mind of much of the medical profession. Little wonder that most newcomers to this forum are so traumatized by their symptoms and diagnosis. Thank goodness for the positive reporting from others on this site such as Wings and Liza. Yesterday marked my one year anniversary of this wretched disorder and I am much better. My pain has all but disappeared and my balance improved, for this I am delighted. I follow Mrs Ds regimen suggestion in the stickies faithfully. Does it help? I can only assume so , but I sure didnt get any suggestions from the Docs. And for the sake of any newcomers to this site looking for a glimmer of hope or a bit of advice concerning strange symptoms ,I shall list the following..piercing, crushing, unseen insects crawling, searing burning ,electrical shocks ,invisible rain drops , pins and needles and all around feeling lousy! So no ,you are not crazy ,and you can get better! Thanks to all....Tom
After reading all this it certainly does give one hope! I was Dxd with small fiber neuropathy about 10 months ago and let me tell you I have gone through all the symptoms since then! And to think it all started with an annoying numbness in my toes!!!! I have been through the burning,freezing,feet feeling wet,shocking,muscle cramps,ice pick feeling and just so much pain that you just can't imagine if you haven't gone through it yourself! Sure people say they understand but how can they?
I have had alot of blood work done and my vitamin levels are good,I am not diabetic,have been tested for heavy metals,lupus,hep C,and others that I can't think of right now.
I am on 300 mg gabapentin 3 times daily and 15mg baclofen 3 times daily plus I use a compoud cream on my feet and still not much relief!
I wish you all better luck,we all need it! Heres to better days!!!!!
Sandy
Ravenmoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote