View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 11:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New Here and to RSD

Hi everyone,

I want to say thank you for the articles on this thread, and for all the other information this forum provides. It is good to read even older articles and compare to newer ones just to see how RSD has progressed as a viable condition and not just a diagnosis because nothing else fits. I had one doctor tell me there is no such thing as RSD!

I have been watching this forum with interest, and as a learning tool. I have had RSD for one year now, most likely resulting from an unsuccessful CTS Release. It has been an awful year while being diagnosed. Why can't doctors agree on anything? One says yes, one says no, one says maybe, and so goes the circle of uncertainty. As of a final diagnosis last week, I have bilateral UE RSD, more severe on my dominant side. I recently hooked up with a great physician who has me on the correct medications and has ordered a specific physical therapy program. W/C did not deny the CTS, but they are fighting the RSD disanosis. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me that they would conclude this as not a consequence of CTS. I am working fulltime and have no intentions of stopping, unless/until I am physically unable to get out of bed.

I hope to be more active here and just wanted to say hi. I had never heard of RSD before. I ignore most people so I don't have to explain, even my family.
WhatsRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote